Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Miss America Send Off Party


I am truly so blessed.  Last Sunday, Wanda and Amanda Mason (Miss Greater Gotham) threw me such a beautiful send off party at the penthouse of the Olivia, overlooking all of Manhattan.  The room was dripping in purple, my favorite color, from the table clothes, to the cake, to the floral arrangements and the gerber daisies laced throughout the gorgeous food.  Many Miss New York sisters from 09-10 and new girls for 2011 were there along with Miss New York board members and local committees, my friends from a variety of places: the Upper East Side/Ball State transplants, Indiana, roommates, boyfriend and one more - my mom.  She flew in for the party and to help me shop for my interview dress.  Tradition, in a send off, would be to share your wardrobe.  However, at the time, I did not have any of my wardrobe actually in my hands.  But instead, I shared some hints of my best description, played my awesome talent song and shared my It Gets Better video for the first time.  It was amazing to see the response from people.

- < - Now, however, I just received my talent outfit, finished, I bought my interview dress in the next few days, my evening gown arrived this week!!! just have to take it to alterations where I'll pick up the rest of my wardrobe - > -



I felt so loved and, like I said, blessed to have the support of you all.  One of my favorite pictures is all the girls around the cake.  You're all going to Miss America with me, and I hope you know that.  There is a part of each of you that has inspired, motivated, and changed me.  I can't wait to hang my banner in my hotel room in Vegas and be reminded of you all.



And my iPhoto is working again, so revisit some of the previous blogs for photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment