Thursday, July 15, 2010

Setting the foundation...


Hello!! It’s finally here – the first real blog. So what I have I been up to the past 2 ½ weeks? A. LOT. Through multiple meetings and an overwhelming amount of emails, we have set a great foundation for an incredible year. I am so excited to work with this group of volunteers and directors – their enthusiasm is inspiring and contagious. I want to introduce a few new people. The brains, the heart and the fun are still in tact – Paul Brown is Director of Operations, Linda Carbo is the ED of the Teens, but will drive me anywhere and accompany me everywhere I ask her to, and Kenny Mack is off to an exciting start as Executive Director with a lot of plans to grow this organization. Diane Del Priore leads the back end of my appearances and has been a great teacher for Judy Bolton, the new front end co-business manager. Judy dove in head first, getting me appearances varying from photo-ops in the Hamptons with the Real Housewives to ringing in the Nasdaq closing bell. Art Hunsinger is going to keep me busy in Albany, hopefully with some great media opportunities to announce soon. And I’m counting on all of you to keep MNY fresh in your mind with appearances and public speaking opportunities in your local communities.  And my favorite, Faith, will keep you updated on all things website AND book all my flights :)



Now, Jackie Homes. Let me explain this one to you. Jackie is new to the MNY system this year, but not to pageants. She is dedicated to this organization, what it does for women and their communities. She has graciously stepped forward and offered her services as a PR director to get the message out there about the Miss New York Organization as well as my platform, my goals and me for the year. Let’s be totally frank here. Jackie beat me in Miss Manhattan; in fact, I didn’t place in that pageant. Then fast forward four months and she becomes on of my favorite people who I have met in Miss NY as we spent the week together which culminated in my win and her Top Ten placement. She beat me; I beat her. Yet, within days, she was volunteering her expertise. What does this say to you? It says a whole lot to me. Miss America provides scholarships for young women, but even more life-changing, it creates a breeding ground for amazing friendships and relationships that go far beyond the stage.


Here is some of the press that was released before Jackie jumped on board...

All Over Albany - June 28, 2010
Washington City Paper - June 28, 2010  (submitted by Miss DC 2009, Jen Corey)
Indianapolis Star - July 7, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment