Friday, March 4, 2011

It's March!??!

Holy cow!  My brother gets hitched and I get so behind on my blog!  I was in Indianapolis this weekend for my brothers wedding and of course I have to share a few pictures from that -- well and of my cutest ever most adorable super hero nephew :)



The NEW Buffie Family!
And I got a chance to go cheer on one of my best friends in her local - Congratulations Ashley Casterline, Miss Southern Heartland 2011! Even Logan loves Miss America!

 

Then it was back to New York for the ever popular IHOP National Pancake Day!  As many of you know, Miss America is the Goodwill Ambassador of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, so on March 1st, MAO, CMN Hospitals and IHOP came together with state titleholders all over the US flipping and serving pancakes to raise money for children in need.  I was out at the Happauge IHOP on Long Island serving pancakes from 10:00-3:00 and visiting with customers.  I even took an order AND got it all correct! (I've never been a server before.) We raised $1040 at this IHOP store on National Pancake Day. Put that with the thousands of stores in the IHOP franchise and hopefully we reached our goal of $2.3 Million!

 

This guy says "You're Miss New York? I work for Amway - we make that happen!"

Meanwhile, upstate we crowned a new Miss Finger Lakes 2011, Charlotte Booth!  She is already up and running with her blog (Read Here) that reveals competing for 5 years in the Miss America Organization before getting her chance to go to Miss New York 2011.  Congratulations, Charlotte and welcome to the family! Also congratulations to Amy Valenti on a fantastic reign as Miss Finger Lakes 2010!

  (L-R) Amanda Boyer 3rd RU, Margaret Feldman 2nd RU, Charlotte Booth Miss Finger Lakes, Chelsea Prophet 1st RU, Victoria Rippel 4th RU  |  Charlotte's Crowning Moment



No comments:

Post a Comment