Thursday, April 28, 2011

GLAAD and Drag Queens :)

Photo by Jason Russo (HeyMrJason@yahoo.com)
Next up in the appearances was TGIF - Thank GLAAD It's Friday! At Industry Bar (very cool place-I had never been) in Hell's Kitchen where lots of media folks from print to radio to television gathered to network and support GLAAD. it has been so fun this year having such a theme and network with my platform that I really overlap with people so often and have developed some fun new relationships! 

Ty Kuppig (Showt Magazine) & Jonathan Lovitz (Logo - Setup Squad)Photo by Jason Russo (HeyMrJason@yahoo.com)
Thomas Roberts (MSNBC) and Patrick Abner
And of course fun to meet new people!

Ian Patrick (L) from GLSEN - we've emailed about GLSEN Respect Awards but never met!
Archley from GLAAD and  his partner Hugh and friend 
I also got to meet Jane Velez-Mitchell again, more than a brief hello this time around and had a great convo with her and her girlfriend about my platform and work in schools. She invited me to be on her show as a (hopefully!) recurring guest! Could be awesome - she called to book this week but I was so sick...not at all tv appropriate.


Then Monday night was the night I had been waiting for forever...for my roommate Matt. Sure, receiving gifts is fun and all, but I really love giving gifts, especially ones this special, that I totally luck into by being Miss NY (who supports gay rights). It was the finale of Ru Paul's Drag Race and we were VIP guests at the finale viewing party and crowning! He had no idea where we were going, and when we showed up he just died...especially when we cut the line we later learned extended 2,000 people long. It really was an experience -- so many drag queens, we met them all and got pics, and even were introduced for a picture to Raja, the winner of this season! 

Jujubee - Season 2
Tatiana - Season 2 
And Kelly Osbourne, we met her too. How fun?!
Raja's crowning moment :)
Manila Luzon - Season 3 | Big fans!!
Then I went home and died because I was so sick. But totally worth it. All I had next day was lunch with David Mixner and a meeting with Kenny Mack to talk about all things Miss NY 2011...AND Mister New York. Oh don't worry, that info is coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment